Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Social - Kickin' it Old School

I will preface this by saying I do not have any of my better middle/high school pics available to me at the moment, or you would not be getting eyes closed blurry shots haha... but it is what it is.  Enjoy at my expense I suppose :)


Sunday Social

1. What were you like in Middle/High School?
I was a shy kid in Middle School especially. I think middle school is always the awkward years where you are still finding your place and I was no different. I had the same group of friends all through school and even to this day, so I'm nothing if not loyal. :) I was a "band geek" although I never really saw us as a typical group of "band geeks" like they portray on television. (We get a bad rap. haha) I was an honors student, and member of the academic team, and me and my husband were runners up for prom king and queen, so how is that for diverse.

2. What were your favorite past times?
Well, I am a musician at heart. I always loved performing, even to this day really. I liked hanging out with my friends of course. I also really liked being with my church youth group. We had so much fun and it was nice to feel like you had support when things weren't going quite like you hoped.

Picture from a youth group trip to the zoo.  Yep, looked like a goob with big hair.  I'm the one with my eyes closed.  Unfortunately my hair was bigger than this sometimes.  :-/



3. What songs were you obsessed with? Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. The right stuff. Umm, Middle School days it was definitely New Kids On The Block.... Any of it. I didn't get to go to the concert in sixth grade, so I went with a bunch of my girlfriends to their reunion concert a couple of years ago. We had a blast dressing 80s and screaming like a bunch of swooning teenagers. We laughed so hard.  I think I had a t-shirt with this picture on it.



And here is a very blurry picture of me looking like a goob in my Joey Joe t-shirt.  I must have been in about the 6th grade here.  Very hard years on the ego.  haha 


4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe?  Big hairsprayed hair for sure, hammer pants, banana clips, 2 pairs of socks all the time... I really can't hang with some of the neon colors anymore either.
5. What were your favorite TV shows/ Movies?
Teen Witch, Dirty Dancing, Can't Buy Me Love, Adventures in Babysitting, and eventually The Cutting Edge

I also eventually became somewhat of a Treky.  I had a crush on the young Wil Wheaton.

 
Growing Pains... Kirk Cameron


Yeah.... Ok, so I fit the term geek looking at all my answers here haha, and I still would if I were growing up now, only now my answers would read Harry Potter and The Hunger Games with a side of The Avengers, Smallville, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.   Haha.  But I know what I like and that is ok with me.


1 comment: